The Admissions Authority for Greatstone Primary School and Nursery is the Governing Board. Responsibility for decisions on Admissions is delegated to the Personnel Committee. Three members of the Personnel Committee who are not members of staff will form an Admissions Committee.
Admissions Policy – Nursery
The purpose of Greatstone School Nursery Admissions Policy is to ensure that the facility is accessible to children and families from all sections of the local community. Greatstone School Nursery is a 52-place nursery. In the event that the nursery is over- subscribed, the following criteria will be applied in priority order as follows:
- 3-year old children
- Current family association – where a brother or sister is already on roll at Greatstone Primary School and the family continues to live at the same address as when the sibling was admitted or has moved to a property within two miles tomtom karten kostenlos downloaden 2019.
- Health reasons – the evidence for this must be strong and the Governors will require written evidence from a qualified person. Parental health is not a criterion.
- Nearness of a child’s home and ease of access to school as measured by a straight line from home to school.
Birth certificates must be shown prior to admission
On admission we will:
- Provide parents and carers with information: Regular newsletter and dates for their diary etc.
- Inform parents and carers where our Policies and Procedures are displayed and we advise all to refer to these documents regularly, as these are updated throughout the year word 2010 download kostenlos vollversion chip 32 bit.
- Ensure parents and carers are aware of the Equal Opportunities Policy in place
Consult with families about the opening times/session availability, to avoid excluding anyone.
- Ensure that only persons named on the child’s registration document by parent/carer will be allowed to collect them, unless prior consent has been given.
Published Admissions Number
The Published Admissions Number for the school (i.e. the maximum number of children admitted in any year group) is 52.
Greatstone Primary School is an inclusive school, therefore any child with a disability or special educational needs will not be discriminated against when applying for a place at our school herunterladen. Where special arrangements are required, these will be discussed prior to your child starting school when you meet with the school Inclusion Manager (SENCO). Parents of a child with a disability and/or special educational needs are advised to contact the SENCO as soon as the school placement is confirmed by the Local Authority. Oversubscription criteria are set out below – if you have any further questions about the arrangements and how these are applied, please don’t hesitate to contact the school or Kent County Council Admissions department.
It is the policy of Greatstone Primary School to admit pupils at the beginning of the Autumn Term for all children who will attain the age of five during the following academic year avidemux download kostenlos deutsch. Pupils will be admitted without regard to ability or aptitude. Where an offer has been made, the school will provide for the admission of all children in the September following their fourth birthday.
If siblings from multiple births (twins, triplets, etc.) apply for a school and the school would reach its Published Admission Number (PAN) after admitting one or more, but before admitting all of those siblings, the LA will offer a place to each of the siblings, even if doing so takes the school above its PAN. If the admissions are to Year R, and so result in a breach of infant class size legislation, the additional pupil(s) will be treated as “excepted” for the time they are in an infant class or until the numbers fall back to the current infant class size limit, as defined in the School Admissions Code. Waiting list will be held for at least the first term of the academic year in oversubscription criteria order.
Requests for admission outside of the normal age group should be made to the Headteacher as early as possible in the admissions round associated with that child’s date of birth fortniteen gsm. This will allow the admissions authority sufficient time to make a decision before the closing date. Parents are not expected to provide evidence to support their request to defer their application, however where provided it must be specific to the child in question. This might include medical or Educational Psychologist reports. There is no legal requirement for this medical or educational evidence to be secured from an appropriate professional, however, failure to provide this may impede a school’s ability to agree to deferral.
OversubscriptionBefore the application of oversubscription criteria, children with either a Statement of Special Educational Need or an Education Health and Care Plan that names the School will be admitted. As a result of this, the published admissions number will be reduced accordingly. In the event of over-subscription the Governors will allocate places to children according to the following criteria in priority order:
- Children in Local Authority Care and children who were previously looked after in Local Authority Care. A ‘looked after child’ or a child who was previously looked after but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, child arrangements, or special guardianship order super mario star road for free. A looked after child is a child who is (a) in the care of a local authority, or (b) being provided with accommodation by a local authority in the exercise of their social services functions (see the definition in Section 22(1) of the Children Act 1989)
- Children who appear to the School’s Admissions Authority to have been in state care outside of England and ceased to be in state care as a result of being adopted. A child is regarded as having been in state care in a place outside of England if the were accommodated by a public authority, a religious organisation or any other provider of care whose sole purpose is to benefit society. (See Supplementary Information Form).
- Current family association – where a brother or sister is already on roll at Greatstone Primary School and the family continues to live at the same address as when the sibling was admitted or has moved to a property within two miles.
- Health reasons – the evidence for this must be strong and the Governors will require written evidence from a qualified person nitrado map herunterladen. Medical, health and special access reasons will be applied in accordance with the School’s legal obligations, in particular those under the Equality Act 2010. Priority will be given to those children whose mental and physical impairment means they have a demonstrable and significant need to attend a particular school. Equally, this priority will apply to children whose parents’/guardians’ physical or mental health or social needs means that they have a demonstrable and significant need to attend a particular school. Such claims will need to be supported by written evidence from a suitably qualified medical or other practitioner who can demonstrate a special connection between these needs and the particular school vavoo bundle for free.
- Nearness of a child’s home address and ease of access to school as measured by a straight line from home to school. A child’s home address is considered to be a residential property that is the child’s only or main residence and not an address at which the child might sometimes stay or sleep due to the parents’ own or special domestic arrangements. This address must be the child’s home address on the day the application form is completed and which is either: Owned by the child’s parent, parents or guardian, OR Leased to or rented by the child’s parent, parents or guardian under a lease or written rental agreement.