Extreme bad weather guidance
Every winter brings the possibility of snow and ice download windows media player codecs automatically. Extreme bad weather can cause widespread and prolonged disruption. Schools are often affected and it can be difficult to maintain an education service video von netflix downloaden.
As a fundamental principle every effort must be made to keep schools open, even if only limited numbers of pupils can attend. However, schools may close due to ‘unavoidable’ circumstances music for free from youtube. Those circumstances being that it is no longer safe for staff or pupils to be onsite.
We recognise that it is important our school remains open so parents are able to work and pupils can continue to learn herunterladen. Greatstone Primary School will make every effort to prepare for severe snow/ice this winter by gritting pathways, clearing access points etc.
How will we let you know if the school is closed hsrm word?
If we do experience severe snow/ice resulting in hazardous conditions, our Headteacher, Mrs Lewis may have to take the decision to close the school. Once this decision has been made, we will notify parents via the Kent Closures website and send a message via Parent Mail. To determine whether we are open or closed please visit www.kentclosures.co.uk. Search for the school in the search box. The Kent Closures website may also be used to find out if other services in Kent are open or closed, such as nurseries, children’s centres and libraries. We also recommend parents sign up for Email alerts on the Kent Closures website. This service will send an email alert to let parents know if Greatstone Primary School is closed. Local radio will sometimes provide information of school closures.
What can you do to help?
- Please visit https://www.kent.gov.uk/roads-and-travel/what-we-look-after/winter-service for more information about gritting routes and travel issues around Kent so you can plan your
- Please approach the school from Baldwin Road.
- Check with the school to see whether you need to provide a packed lunch from home in case school meals cannot be provided.
- Don’t forget suitable warm clothing – gloves, hats, scarves, wellies or even a change of clothing.
- If you are a working parent or feel you may have a problem with a sudden earlier pick up, please could you put a back‐up plan in place with another family member or parent and inform the This will allow staff to leave earlier for their safety if weather dictates.
Many thanks for your support in helping us to remain open during periods of severe snow/ice.