The Governing Board
The Governing Board is the key strategic decision-making body of a school. It is their role to set the school’s strategic framework and to ensure all statutory duties are met.
The Governing Board has three core strategic functions:
Ensuring clarity of vision, ethos and strategic direction
Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and its pupils, and the performance management of staff
Overseeing the financial performance of the School and making sure its money is well spent
Greatstone Primary School is classified as a Foundation School and, therefore, the Governing Board is the Admissions Authority, the Employer of all Staff and the owner of the land and buildings in addition to the normal responsibilities of school governance download dvd drive.
Governing Board meetings are convened six times a year. In order to carry out its duties more efficiently and to ensure the expertise of individual Governors is used in an effective manner, some functions of the Governing Board have been delegated to three sub-committees, Finance, Personnel, Buildings and Grounds, who meet regularly and report back to the full Governing Board.
The Governing Board of Greatstone School and Nursery is comprised of 12 members:
- 1 Partnership Governors – nominated by parents and appointed by the Governing Board
- 4 Parent Governors – elected by parents
- Local Authority Governor – nominated by the Local Authority and appointed by the Governing Board
- 1 Staff Governor – elected by the School Staff
- The Headteacher – an ex-officio Governor
- 4 Co-opted Governors – appointed by the Governing Board
- 2 Associate Members
Associate members may vote on committees, if agreed by the Governing Board, but have no voting rights at full Governing Body Meetings.
The Committee is responsible for the oversight of all financial matters, setting the Annual and Three-Year Budget projections, which have to be ratified by the full Governing Board, and sits to consider any recommendations with a financial implication such as building projects, staff payroll amendments, school meal prices etc free romans download ipad.
The day to day administration of the School’s financial business is carried out by the Headteacher and the School Administrator. The Governing Board is most appreciative of the high degree of professionalism with which they carry out this difficult task.
The Personnel Committee has been delegated responsibility for all matters relating to human resources, including the appointment, dismissal and redundancy of staff and for the School’s Pay and Rewards Policy e reader downloaden free. This Committee also has responsibility for Admissions, Appeals and Exclusions. Regular meetings are held during the year to consider a range of employment issues, including reviews of the various Human Resources Policies.
- Brian Sullivan – Partnership Governor – first elected as Parent Governor (June 1999), appointed Partnership Governor (nominated by parent, appointed by the Governing Body) 2002, re-appointed 2006, 2010, 2014, 2018 – current term of office expires 202 Chair of Governors since 2009.Appointed National Leader of Governance in 2015 herunterladen. Previously Chair of Curriculum Committee, Teaching and Learning Committee, Personnel Committee and Strategy Group. Chair of Governors at John Mayne CE Primary school, Biddenden Chair of Interim Governing Board at St Nicholas’ CE Primary Academy, New Romney.
- Sharon Lewis – Headteacher – ex-officio member of all Committees and the Strategy Group
- Sam Adam – Associate Member – Elected 10/02/2015 until 09/02/2019 – Governor since 2011 herunterladen. An experienced finance professional, who has been a member of the governing body since 2011.
- Michel LaRue – Co-opted Governor Elected 09/02/16 until 08/02/2020 – Nominated Governor for Buildings and Grounds. Governor since 2016. – I am an architect by profession. I worked in Local Government in London for forty years, more than thirty of those on buildings for children and young people (nurseries, day centres, schools, youth clubs, etc.) gekaufte filmeen amazon. My biggest project was a sixth form college in East London. During my last seven and a half years I acted as a Client Design Advisor within the LB Lambeth Children and Young People Service (CYPS), working as Asset Programme Manager for the Service’s property portfolio. I was a Governor at Thomas Peacocke for fourteen years, during which I helped the College achieve specialist status. I was a Governor at La Sainte Union Voluntary Aided School in Camden for seven years during the time when it went from VA to Foundation status and then back again.
- Phil Morgan-John – Co-opted Governor Elected 01/05/2013 until 30/04/2021 – Chair of Finance Committee, Member of Personnel Committee and Teaching & Learning Committee kostenlos word 2016 herunterladen. Governor since 2001.
- Rachel Sharman – Co-opted Governor Elected 08/05/2013 until 07/05/2021 – I am a professional mum of two children who currently attend Greatstone Primary School. I gained my degree in Environmental Health (BSc Hons) and have 20 years experience in food safety and health and safety, both as an enforcement officer for local authority and as a consultant for commercial clients cad programme kostenlos downloaden deutsch. My strengths include being motivated, proactive and approachable. I see this role as a challenge to support the school, parents and carers to ensure the best possible learning experiences and life skills are provided to all children at Greatstone School. Striving to support the Headteacher and Senior Leadership Team in maintaining to remain a good school and to progress to an outstanding school, as outlined by Ofsted requirements herunterladen.
- Carole Simpson – Co-opted Governor Elected 23/06/2015 until 22/06/2019. Member of the Personnel Committee. I initially came to Greatstone as a Voluntary Reading Helper with Beanstalk. I live in St Mary’s Bay having moved here from London on my retirement. Prior to retirement I worked in a Lewisham primary school as an administrator for 17 years and was also a Staff Governor guten morgen video kostenlosen. I hope that my prior experience in the education sector will enable me to play an active and effective role as a member of the Governing Body.
- Caroline Allen – Elected 21/12/2016 Expires 20/12/2020 – Parent Governor
- Jaclyn Kay – Elected 04/2017 Expires 04/2021 – Co-opted Governor Associate member
- Fiona Roberts – Elected 04/2017 Expires 04/2021 – Co-opted Governor Associate member
- Thomas Jepps-Finn – Elected 09/2019 Expires 09/2023 – Staff Governor
- Boualem Bouderba – Elected 31/01/2019 Expires 29/01/2023 – Parent Governor
- Ursula Wooding – Clerk Elected 01/08/01
The following Governors have Registered Business Interests in relation to the School:
Brian Sullivan – Physical Education Consultant, Swimming Teacher, Vice Chair of Governors at Smeeth Primary School and a Governor at John Mayne C of E Primary School.
Nicola Wood – Husband employed by the School
Full Governing Board
14.09.2016 Attended 13 Apologies 0
03.11.2016 Attended 11 Apologies 2
23.11.2016 Attended 11 Apologies 3
21.02.2017 Attended 13 Apologies 3
29.03.2017 Attended 13 Apologies 4
25.05.2017 Attended 13 Apologies 4
05.07.2017 Attended 15 Apologies 3
13.09.2017 Attended 14 Apologies 3
29.11.2017 Attended 15 Apologies 3
21.02.2018 Attended 16 Apologies 1
21.03.2018 Attended 15 Apologies 1
04.07.2018 Attended 14 Apologies 1
19.10.2018 Attended 8 Apologies 4
30.01.2019 Attended 12 Apologies 0
27.03.2019 Attended 13 Apologies 2
15.05.2019 Attended 11 Apologies 2
03.07.2019 Attended 11 Apologies 3
24.09.2019 Attended 10 Apologies 3
04.10.2019 Attended 9 Apologies 2
04.12.2019 Attended 11 Apologies 2
30.01.2020 Attended 10 Apologies 1
09.03.2020 Attended 10 Apologies 1
21.05.2020 Attended 12 No Apologies
13.07.2020 Attended 12 No Apologies